Service Nervous System (SNS)
This section introduces ideas and instructions needed when considering handing control of an application to a Service Nervous System (SNS). If this is the first time you hear SNS, we recommend to take a look at the high level SNS and FAQ pages to get an overview of what is discussed in more detail here. We anticipate that different types of readers are interested in different aspects of the SNS and in different kinds of documentation. We thus try to split the SNS documentation accordingly.
This page provides an overview of the SNS documentation and provides links to the parts that already exist. Some of the SNS documentation is still being worked on and will be edited or added as later SNS features are added, so please bare with us if it is not yet complete or a few parts do not work yet.
SNS and DAOs primer
The DAO Docs introduce the ideas and tools needed when considering to form a DAO. It targets developers or entrepreneurs who want to get an SNS, understand tokenomics of an SNS, and introduces predeployment, product-based, considerations like roadmapping.
In this documentation you will find
- An introduction to DAOs and SNSs.
- An introduction to tokenomics of DAOs.
- An introduction to SNS rewards.
- Tips on what to consider before getting an SNS.
This documentation is, as the name suggests, technical documentation aimed at developers. Most of the documentation targets developers that have a dapp that they would like to decentralize with an SNS. However, this documentation also targets developers that want to build services that integrate with SNSs, such as wallet dapps or decentralized exchanges.
Here you'll find an overview of the stages of an SNS.
Information on how to get an SNS, which includes:
- An introduction how to get an SNS which explains the high level stages of getting an SNS.
- Technical preparations for getting an SNS which describes the technical steps required before getting an SNS. We also link to non-technical steps that we recommend, which can be found under the "DAO and Tokenomics" documentation targeted at a less technical audience.
- Steps to test the SNS locally.
- Steps how to get an SNS in production.
Tips for how to integrate with an SNS, which includes
- Guidelines how to integrate a frontend.
- Guidelines how to integrate with the ledger canister.
- Guidelines how to integrate with the index canister.
Guidelines for how to manage an SNS, which includes
- An introduction to managing an SNS.
- Tips regarding cycles management for the canisters.
- Information on nervous system parameters that can be configured in each SNS.
- Information on how SNS are upgraded.
- A guideline for SNS proposals.
Explanations and guides for users
Finally, the website and Wiki contain information relevant for users of the SNS.
On the website, you will find explanations on:
- SNS overview page.
- SNS FAQ including, for example:
The Wiki contains more information about
- Service Nervous System (SNS).
- Community Fund.
- SNS Rewards.
- SNS Tokenization Considerations.
- SNS decentralization swap trust.
The Wiki also contains guides for the following topics:
- How to: get a DAO on the IC providing a summary of how someone can get a DAO on the IC, but this is largely subsumed by the developer documentation here.
- How to: SNS tokenomics configuration providing material enabling teams to choose a tokenomics set-up for their SNS DAO.
- How to: verify SNS decentralization swap proposal which is a guide how to verify the NNS proposal that starts a SNS decentralization swap.
- How to: interact with SNS canisters which is a guide on how to interact with SNS canisters.
- How to: participate in the SNS decentralization swap via quill, which is a command line tool for interacting with canisters.
- How to: join the community fund via quill, which is a command line tool for interacting with canisters.