Tutorial 2 - Create your first app
About this tutorial
This tutorial will guide you through creating a fully functioning app called "Poll" that allows you to host a poll of multiple choices and share it with other people.
You application will look similar to this:
It's good to define what you are building in advance.
The app allow you to host only one poll and share it with other people. Some additional requirements:
- Users will be able to change the poll's main question
- Users will be able to add, edit, and delete voting options
- Users will be able to vote
- Users can reset the poll to start from scratch
To sucessfully complete this tutorial you will need to:
- Have Internet Computer SDK installed. Look at Tutorial 1 for more information.
- Learn basics of Motoko programming language. I will explain some of Motoko constructs here. However, it would not hurt to have a general feel of the language before we start here.
- For this tutorial I will use Visual Studio Code to edit code
Ready to stat coding? Let's go!